Sunday, July 4, 2010

God Bless America!


Happy 4th of July everyone and happy birthday Julie Hill!
This year I have learned holidays just aren't the same when spent away from family and friends.
It is 6pm in Thailand on July 4th (4am Seattle time) and I just now got wished a happy 4th by an Aussie of all people :) Thanks for remembering Michelle!
There were no parades, bbqs or fireworks this year. Instead I spent my day in Perfect Place where I am house/dog sitting for the next week.
My friend Kate and I went to Fashion Island where we had Starbucks and then went to the neighborhood pool (in between the rain clouds of course).
Dragon fruit, rose apples, mangoes and papaya have replaced burgers and brawts this year, but it was a nice change - as much as I miss American food especially summer barbecues, I LOVE the fruit here and I am going to miss it dearly!
Today was definitely different from years past, but none the less still a great day!
Don't worry America, I will be home in FIFTEEN DAYS!!!!!
Wishing everyone a fun, safe 4th!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Red White and Blue day!
    Wish you were here to come to B'ham with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, SO sweet! You are such a dear. :) Had a GREAT bday, but not the same without ya!!! Love the pic, great GBAT memories!

    ReplyDelete