Friday, July 16, 2010

Island Hopping Day 6: Phi Phi

I wish I had something exciting to report, but I don't.
Today was a bit of a dud.
I left my cute little hostel in Koh Lanta and headed off to Phi Phi in this order of transportation: minivan, ferry, more minivaning, more ferrying, minivan once again and finally a large vessel (passenger ferry maybe?) to Phi Phi Don.
The views were breathtaking as usual - HUGE cliffs everywhere, white sandy beaches and crystal clear aqua water.
I checked into my hotel and was pleasantly surprised - everything is much more expensive here, yet I managed to find a decent place for 1,000 baht a night ($30).
After unpacking and setting up camp for the next 3 days, off to the beach I went to catch some afternoon rays - not going to lie, I am a bit depressed with how "white" I am for living here for 10 months. I thought I'd get a great tan these last 8 days, but between the rain and the traveling from island to island, I haven't had much beach time - mai pen rai right?
Once the dark clouds took over I went back to my hotel to shower for dinner - I was meeting up with the girls I went to Krabi with my first day.
We had a delicious meal and walked around town - its a cute little place with lots of shops.
Oh, I almost forgot...I saw a monkey in 7-11 today. Yes, a monkey. I have now seen bunnies and a monkey in 7-11, what's next, an elephant?
Off to bed I go as Phi Phi has left me depressed - I feel very old and alone here. Seriously everyone here is MAYBE 20 and here with their boyfriend/girlfriend. Awesome.
O well, I need a good nights sleep as I have a big day tomorrow - snorkeling/kayaking tour around the islands from morning til sunset. Should be fun!

1 comment: