House/dog sitting was seriously a second, no third or fourth income to my nannying, boutique shoe store and church nursery job in college. I absolutely LOVE dogs and what's better then getting paid for something you to love? Not forgetting to mention you usually get to stay in a really nice house where the fridge and pantry are stocked - the perfect thing for a starving college student OR a now homeless, soon to be jobless, teacher in Thailand.
My lease is up and a dive instructor of mine just happened to need someone to watch their house and dog on the exact dates I needed somewhere to stay before taking off on my own beach trip - doesn't get better than that!
Here I sit in an amazing house located in a neighborhood called "Perfect Place". The gardeners are out every morning and afternoon trimming the same leaf they clipped hours prior, neighbors smile and wai or wave every time you pass, the guards tell me I'm beautiful every time I come and go (always nice to hear!) and everything you need is within walking distance (7-11s, street food, community pool, work out facilities, etc). This place is seriously perfect, creepily perfect. I kinda feel like it's from the set of Stepford wives or Pleasantville. Did I mention I am with one of the best dogs I have ever met. She doesn't bark (unless she is chasing her frisbee), doesn't chew on anything, can go hours w/o having to pee and doesn't wake me up at night.
A nice house, a great dog, oh and a house cleaner who leaves me homemade cooked meals for when I come home - now this is the life.
Everything is just perfect here in Perfect Place.
No comments:
Post a Comment