Wednesday, July 21, 2010

All Good Things Must Come To An End

I DID IT!!!! I cannot believe it’s time for me to leave the place I have grown to love and call home. I’ve fallen in love with a country, its people and its culture. Looking back on the past 10 months I am in awe of what I have learned: about myself, about traveling and about another country.
It feels just like yesterday I received my acceptance letter into my TEFL program in Cambodia/Thailand. Had someone told me a year and a half ago I would pack up my life, leave my family, friends, boyfriend and my 8 month pregnant sister, I would have told them they were nuts. But I did and I am SO thankful I made the move! I came out here on my own, without a job, not knowing what to except and from these experiences I believe I have grown so much as a person. I am a stronger, a wiser, a better person then before (hard to imagine I know). I’m not going to lie, times were tough, but the good days outweighed the bad and I wouldn’t trade anything in the world for this experience. My heart was broken twice while in Thailand: once by a boy, and once by the country’s people. I healed from the first, but my heart still aches for Thailand as a whole – what an experience to be here during times of turmoil. I’ve witnessed a country come together as one and unite to rebuild and it’s been eye opening. I could write for pages and pages about my time here, but I will leave it at this. I am truly blessed to have done what I’ve done and seen what I’ve seen. This is not goodbye – not to Thailand or my traveling days. I am not sure what lies ahead, but I am excited to see what’s next in the life of Sarah Earp!

No comments:

Post a Comment