Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Island Hopping: Final Day

All I’ve got to say is thank God for Dramamine.
This morning I packed my bag and headed to my 9am ferry back to Phuket. This was the beginning of a never ending day(s) of travel. Phi Phi to Phuket, Phuket to Bangkok (last minute dentist appointment, dinner w/ a friend, trip to the night market to buy yet another suitcase, then a few hours of sleep), Bangkok to Hong Kong, Hong Kong to Seoul, Seoul to SEATTLE!
After taking the world’s craziest boat ride of my life, I have set up camp at the Phuket airport as my plane does not leave for another 4 hours – what a dud. I still feel as though I am rocking back and forth and want to puke (but I won’t as I hate it). Thankfully I was one of the few that didn’t lose my breakfast on the ride here (thank you Dramamine aka my new best friend). Waves were crashing over the bow and at the windows in every direction. I felt like I was on an episode of the Deadliest Catch minus the whole crabbing/fishing thing.
Safely on dry land to the airport I went. Having made it through security with no problems I was feeling pretty good. Tomorrow will be the real test. I am scared out of my mind to tell you the truth. Hoping and praying the visa/custom people just make me pay a fee for overstaying my visa instead of locking me up in some Thai jail like I read they might. Here’s hoping.
See you all very, very soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment