Saturday, June 19, 2010

I did it and I kinda liked it ...#15

For the few of you actually following my blog you read a post below that explained I am compiling a list of 30+ things to do my last 30 days in Thailand.

Well those 30 days have officially started - I can hardly believe it.

My first weekend in and I'm already able to cross quite a few things off my list.

The best/worst being #15: eat a bug; multiple to be exact.

"You can do it Sarah, it's all mental - you're not actually eating a bug, instead it's just a really crunchy french fry with legs yeah?" Okay, not really, but that's what I told myself and it worked. In went the grasshopper and I was done - sure a leg got stuck in my teeth, but I was saving that for later anyway :)

One bug down and one thing checked off my list - well done Ms. Sarah, well done. Or was I done? Nope. For some odd reason I decided to try another...go big or go home right? I decided to do both - go big AND go home (in 30 days)!

Next up was something that reminded me of either the caterpillar on Pixar's A Bug's Life or the fat grub worm like thing that Simba eats on Lion King when living in the jungle with Timon and Pumba.

These bad boys were a bit crunchy on the outside, yet squishy on the inside and oddly enough, kinda enjoyable.

What can I say, I'm officially Thai :)

Here are a few pictures from my experience:



2 comments:

  1. glad to hear count down to hone going well. am proper there 2nite - it's compulsory for engerland types at world cup time. you were robbed that was never offside. see you over the border . .. .

    ReplyDelete