Thursday, June 3, 2010

Salad Man


You can't beat street food in Thailand.
1. Because it is so damn good and 2. Because it is so cheap!
I have grown to love a particular vendor in Summakron (my village) who I have started to call "Salad Man".
He makes the best salad I have ever had!
When I was first introduced to it I thought it was a little odd, but I have grown to love, no, more like obsess over the thing.
It's basically a bunch of random greens: Thai basil, cabbage, mint leaves (?), and various other leafy things I have no clue what they are. Then there's a surplus of different mushrooms, a curry rice ball all chopped up, chilies (these are in EVERYTHING here), peanuts, and a bunch of other things I cannot make out.
Sounds weird, but boy is it tasty!
Did I mention it costs 40 baht...that's equivalent of $1.25
I would eat it every night if I could, but there are too many other yummy vendors to choose from - I like to alternate every few days between them all.
Here is a picture of the salad (I added some left over cous cous, tomatoes and olives on top).

1 comment:

  1. Um......yes, I just thought of something you could bring me home....some of those balls....I'm SOOOOOOOOO in love with them!!! I LOVED that salad too!!!! I miss salad man....and chicken satay man and wife....and sam tam lady.....and.....and.....and....!!!!

    ReplyDelete