For my last month in Thailand I thought I would try out a protein shake for 30 days from a little place called "Healthy Breakfast" in my mooban. Some of my friends take part in this and really enjoy it (the results, not the taste). I thought, when in Thailand why the heck not.
After standing on some weird machine that supposedly measures your weight, BMI and a bunch of other things I cannot remember (nor read b/c they are in Thai) I was told: I am fat, my cells are of a 39 yr old, I eat too many carbs/rice/noodles (hello, I live in Thailand) and I don't poop enough per day. Did you know 3x a day is the target amount? I thought I was pretty regular, but according to this I guess not. Imagine having this conversation, out-loud, in public, with a bunch of people in the store. Gross and weird.
I'm a bit skeptical on how this rickety machine measures all of these things, but hey, I will give it a shot.
Every morning my "tasty" little shake will be delivered to my door at 6:30am along with a HUGE water bottle full of some sort of tea that is suppose to help with my immune system, allergies and headaches (hoping this holds true b/c my migraines are back in full swing - boo). By the end of the day I am to drink the shake, the HUGE bottle of tea AND ANOTHER jug of water.
Stay tuned for updates, this could be interesting...
Oh my gosh I cannot stop peeing.
ReplyDeleteDay 3 of the shake/tea/water regime and I am worse than my 3/4 yr old students.
I seriously have to leave the room nearly every 1/2 hr to pee and that's only from the shake and the tea, I have yet to successfully drink all three in a day.
Too much liquid!
You are crazy. Are you sure this is "healthy" for you????
ReplyDeletePretty sure a protein shake and water can't hurt anyone.
ReplyDeleteIt's just a lot of liquid to take in at first. With the amount of sweat I lose a day b/c it's 100 freaking degrees EVERY SINGLE DAY, I'm sure I could use it.