Anyway...all my RIS friends are nearly done with school (jerks!) and for those of them who are not returning next school year, a mad clean out of their past 2-3 years of purchases is taking place - things are just too expensive to send home. No complaints from this girl that's for sure. Last week alone, I nearly doubled my DVD collection and even added a new suitcase to my name.
Getting this new suitcase home is what I want you to picture. For those who have not seen my latest ride, it's a cruiser like bike with a bell and cute little basket at the front - pretty sweet if I do say so myself.
At first I had the brilliant idea of balancing the suitcase on the front of my bike (on top of the basket). This worked for all of maybe 2 minutes until the rain started. And by rain I mean buckets of water falling at a rapid pace totally drenching you. I soon realized my balancing skills were quickly failing as I could not see two inches in front of me nor could I hold on tightly to the slippery plastic handle. There was only one thing to do...wheel the thing behind me of course.
I wish you could have seen me try to get this thing home. It was absolutely hilarious. I had the giggles the entire time and still do when I think about how ridiculous I must have looked. The Thais I met along the way and the guard at my condo laughed hysterically when I arrived - rightfully so.
Here is a picture of me soaking wet and my new suitcase - really wish I would have got a picture of me on my bike with it. Maybe I'll have to reenact it next rainfall. Nah. PS Don't mind my hunchback - for the first time while being in Thailand I was actually cold (with soaking wet clothes on - not really a good feeling).
I really should think twice about leaving my condo these days.
ReplyDeleteOff to the International Sports Bar I went (instead of packing for Bali) for Tuesday Trivia night.
All went well until it was time to head home (I have to get up at 3:40 AM tomorrow for my flight and thought I should get to bed early).
The sky decided to once again open up and pour like nothing I've seen.
Here I am again. Soaking. Wet.
Thankfully this seems to be happening at night - I'll take sunny days and rainy nights rather than vis versa.
you are nuts, lady!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I LOVE it!!!! Did I tell you the one about me falling into the sewer during rainy season? These are the stories people want to hear! :)
ReplyDeleteNo you didn't.
ReplyDeletePlease tell :)