Thursday, May 6, 2010

They're here!!!!!

After 222 long days of being apart we were finally reunited!

First of all I cannot believe I have been gone for so long and second of all I cannot believe Natanya and Julie are IN MY CONDO IN THAILAND - how crazy, yet cool is that?!?!

The girls arrived around noon on Tuesday and since I had to be at school until 4, I left a key to my place with the security guard downstairs. Whether he understood what I was trying to tell him at 6am I am not sure. Thankfully I am getting really good at gestures and he was able to put two and two together when two girls with big bags showed up around lunch time. I told the girls to make themselves at home: take showers, eat the food I left them, hit up the pool, watch pirated DVDs, but whatever they did try not to take a nap...we don't our first few days together a waste due to jet lag!

After what felt like the world's longest day at school, I was finally granted the okay to leave. While walking to my condo I felt like I going on a blind date - I was so excited that I was actually nervous. There were screams, hugs, tears and lots and lots of smiles. It felt like no time had past and it was oh so good!

We shared many stories and laughs then decided it was time to take a tour of Summakorn. Unfortunately my sweet ride does not hold three people, so we headed off on foot to a nearby restaurant by one of the lakes toward the back of the village. Upon reaching Olan the girls thought I was the most popular person in Thailand: we ran into two guys from school, my landlord Khun Sak and a couple that teaches at a nearby international school. I told them foreigners are rare in this village and those of us that are here are a close knit bunch; it's truly a blessing to be in such a great community of people (thank you Katie T. for convincing me to live in Summakorn and not on 164)!

The girls were amazed at how cheap everything was. We had 2 cokes, 2 waters, an appetizer, green curry, spicy tuna salad, pad thai and 2 servings of white rice all for the little price of 265 baht...that's about $8.20 (tip included)! Oh Thailand, I am going to miss you!!!

Since the girls could barely keep their eyes open at 8pm, I finally sent them to bed. Our first day was a success and I cannot wait for the next two weeks. We have many fun things planned: The Flight of the Gibbon; a beach trip to Koh Samet and sight seeing around Bangkok (Red shirt riots depending).

Watch out Bangkok, 3 Seattle girls are coming at ya!

2 comments:

  1. yeah! I wish I was there with them! I wanted to go in their suitcases! Oh well. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss how cheap everything there was. I was craving green curry and saw a couple Thai restaurants here in NZ, but they wanted $25!!! And it wouldn't have even been good! Haha, I think I need to pass through Thailand again just for the food! xx

    ReplyDelete