Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How many bad mornings can one have?

If I don't have a good morning tomorrow I think I might cry.
End of story.
Okay not really, but seriously, this is getting a bit ridiculous!

I cannot even count the number of bad mornings I've had in the past week.

First was the one when I got out of bed not realizing my entire right leg was asleep. Not a problem until one tries to walk. I quickly collapsed to the ground hitting my head on a fan on the way down only to break the dang thing in half and get my hair caught in the blades in the process. Awesome.

Then there was the morning I was up at an ungodly hour for vacation and decided to make use of my insomnia and do quick clean up of my condo. Everything went well (always does when I am cleaning - I absolutely love it, weird I know) until I went to take the trash out, which by the way is located just outside my hallway door. Simple task right? Not so much. Apparently the main door had other ideas. It slammed shut and I was locked out in my little (emphasis on little) nightgown. What to do? I didn't even know...all my friends that live in the condos had already left for school. So there I stood, halfway naked trying to explain to the security guard who speaks no English that I needed him to let me back in. Lesson learned...don't go outside in your nightgown, no matter how hot it is nor how quick you think the task will take you.

Next was the first day back to school after 10 days off. After a restless night of sleep (getting used to these unfortunately) I was actually feeling rather excited to go back and get into a routine. That excitement quickly vanished when within 10 minutes of being with my kids one puked on my leg. Yummy.

I thought the puke was enough for one week, but a sad little frog this morning thought differently. On my bike ride to school this poor little guy decided to commit suicide by jumping in front of my bike tire. You can guess where this is going...yup, frog guts splattered up both legs and even a bit on my arm. Gross.

Here's hoping for a new start tomorrow :)

4 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah,
    I am laughing because of shock & awe of all these great things happening to you. Sorry that I am laughing, but just imagining you getting your hair stuck in the fan is enough to put me in a laughing fit, and then crying, cause I miss you. :-) Praying for a better tomorrow!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be happy to know that your unfortunate events entertained Kyle and I this evening :) You most likely got a year's worth of bad mornings out of your way...your in the clear now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am laughing out loud
    your frog story reminds me of the time I got splattered with road kill guts all over my car and my OPEN window (on my arm)
    Gross!
    was the little nightgown the pink one with orange hearts that Kyle got for you?
    sorry you have had some bad mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad my mishaps can entertain you all.
    I can laugh now, but not going to lie, it was a bit much for me at the time :)

    Sister - I totally thought of you and the road kill when this happened and no, I was not wearing my vday gift from Kyle - sadly it was a shorter, smaller version of that nightgown. eek!

    Pleased to say my mornings have turned around for the better now!

    ReplyDelete