I can hardly believe I have been living abroad for longer than the time I have remaining overseas.
Moving here was a total leap of faith and I had no idea what to expect. As I look back over the past 5 months I am amazed at what I have seen, done, tasted and experienced - and it's not even over yet!
This has been and will continue to be one of the most amazing experiences of my life. It has been a roller coaster of a ride, both mentally and physically, but for the most part I am enjoying every twist and turn I am confronted with. Sure there have been days I've wanted to quit and jump on the next plane home, however, what good would that do, let alone say about how I deal with issues I am faced with? Every day I am challenged with new hurdles to jump and bridges to cross, but through them all I am forced to learn so much about myself: who I am, what I stand for and where life is taking me.
It was nearly a year ago I made the decision to move overseas and here I am today living in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Somedays I have to pinch myself because it doesn't seem real.
Of course I miss many things from home (family, close friendships, camping, soccer, surprisingly rain and cold weather, Target, hiking, the simplicity of asking a question and having someone understand and respond in a language I comprehend, Trader Joes, cooking, and much much more), but all of those things will be there when I return home...until then, I must live each day to its fullest and enjoy every moment of this journey.
I have less than 4.5 months left here and I am determined to make the most of it! I intend to fully embrace myself in the culture and all surrounding areas. You only live once, might as well live it up right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Live it up giiirrrllll! :-) So proud of you & excited for you!! :-) Been thinking about you lots lately! Hope you are well! We really do need to chat fo sho! ;-)
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
jenilee
well said sister.
ReplyDeleteI am very proud of you! I could NEVER do what you are doing...maybe in my younger years :)
enjoy your time there but come home soon
We miss you and you have a nephew to meet!