This past week I was invited to join three different girls nights.
Tuesday I met with 8 girls from my condo complex for a homemade salad and clothing swap. Although I had no clothes to exchange b/c I didn't pack enough for a week's worth, let alone extra to give away, I was still invited to come. We ate like queens and laughed A LOT! We had fruit salad, pasta salad, Greek salad, pumpkin salad (by far my favorite of the night), feta salad, barely salad and many others I am forgetting. I am so thankful for the group of girls in my condos - they are amazing!
Wednesday night I went over to a teacher's house from school along with two others from Ascot. We ordered in from this cute little cafe in the village called Murrah. Eating my favorite pumpkin soup and chicken caesar salad while watching the latest auditions from American Idol, I almost felt like I was home. It was pure bliss.
Friday night was the perfect ending to the world's longest week. I ventured downtown to where a few girls from school live to have a "Sex in the City" night. We made cosmos and cheese and cracker platters to enjoy on the roof - the view of Bangkok was AMAZING! We then caught up on all the latest celebrity gossip via magazines from home (and Australia) then watched Season 1 of Sex in the City. So fun!
I don't know where I would be without the girls in my life here. Actually that's a lie - I'd be on the next plane home. I am so thankful for each and every one of them for various reasons. None of them could be any different from one another, but that's what makes it fun and unique.
Don't worry ladies back home - you're just temporarily being replaced ;) I miss you more than you can imagine. I look forward to many coffee dates, Greenlake dates, cupcake dates, football dates and more come August.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad you found some temporary replacements! Is there one in particular that is built like a horse, not afraid to laugh at herself and is extra goofy like me?
ReplyDeleteMiss you! Summer will be here before you know it!
Sorry Lisa, you are one of a kind and that is why I love you :)
ReplyDeleteCannot wait to be crazy silly with you come mid July.
Nor can I wait for our daily hikes in the am - this bootie needs to get back in shape!
There is nothing like a great group of women friends!! So happy you have found a group that you love spending time with! Miss you!!
ReplyDeletei am so happy you have people there to laugh with and watch american idol with!
ReplyDeletebut...hurry home!
awww you said cupcake dates!! :) can't wait for those when you return!
ReplyDelete-Marielle